R. Jonathan Hart
Mr. Hart began his practice over 30 years ago. He is dedicated to providing legal services of the highest quality and has developed his expertise in law in the traditional environment of an independent law firm.
Dedicated to his clients, Jon has instilled in them a confidence and trust through over 30 years of uncompromising ethics.
Associated with the law firm of Lee and Clark, P.C. (1976); became a partner of Lee and Clark, P.C. (1982); became managing partner of Lee, Black, Hart & Rouse, P.C. (1989); Started Hart & Associates Law Firm, LLC (2009).
Specialized field of practice includes diverse areas of civil litigation on behalf of business and institutional clients, representation of clients in commercial conflict resolution, and residential and commercial real estate closings.
Workers Compensation; employment discrimination law, Title VII; sexual harassment; class actions; products liability; ERISA claims; insurance defense litigation (including common carriers); commercial contract litigation; and land use planning matters.
Criminal law representation limited to representation required by order of the Federal District Court and the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Currently attorney for Chatham County, Georgia (1999 to present).
- Formerly Recorders Court Judge pro tem - Rincon, Georgia
- Formerly Recorders Court Judge pro tem - Port Wentworth, Georgia
- Formerly Georgia Special Assistant Attorney General (Georgia PortsAuthority)
- Formerly attorney for Savannah/Chatham County Board of Education
- Formerly attorney for Chatham County Hospital Authority (1996-1999).
- Admitted to practice in the State and Federal Courts of Georgia and South Carolina
- Rated Martinadale Hubbell highest rating for attorneys.
Presented oral argument before the United States Supreme Court and multiple appearances before the Georgia Supreme Court, Georgia Court of Appeals, South Carolina Supreme Court, and 11th Circuit Court of Appeals.
B.A., Newberry College, 1973
J.D., University of South Carolina School of Law, 1976